A Modern First Class Hotel Providing A Celebrity Experience.
InterContinental Seoul COEX is a 5-star luxury hotel located in Seoul, inside the World Trade Centre to be exact. The COEX Mall is roughly 300 meters away. The hotel has four restaurants, bars, and a sky lounge so finding a world class place to eat is easy.
Seoul Coex InterContinental is located 3.4 km from Lotte World, 55 km from Incheon International Airport and 25 km from Gimpo Airport.
IHG Seoul COEX houses a golf practice room, casino, indoor swimming pool, outdoor spa, and a world-class fitness gym.
This hotel has excellent reviews and highly regarded as one of the best hotels to stay in Seoul. For SNSD Girls Generation Fan Soshis, SMTown Museum is on the same block as the hotel, the hotel being on the other opposite side of the block.
IHG COEX Seoul has underground parking. Taking the elevator up to the lobby, I was welcomed by the many lobby receptionists waiting for hotel guests. One of them looked up my account and said that I was to be taken care of by someone that sat on a desk with a sign that read "IHG Platinum Ambassador members? This was the first hotel that has a dedicated Ambassador guest relations receptionist.
I began to feel like a rich Korean Chaebol kid. Again. Except, I am a grown adult. Apparently, this kind of experience is the norm whenever I'm staying at a luxury hotel. There was no one else at the desk being helped. I began to wonder just how many IHG Platinum Ambassador members were at the hotel. I felt like the blue Unicorn. I thought it would just be a fast lane line, but it was a desk, reserved only for IHG Platinum Ambassador members. This was a first seeing something like this.
The girl at the desk was a friendly looking girl, with a polite and soft voice. She was looking at her computer screen reading my account information. I already knew what it would say, that I am an IHG Platinum Ambassador member. There is only one level higher, the Royal Ambassador.
She told me the benefits I would receive being an IHG Platinum Ambassador member. I will go over that below. Since it was my first time to the IHG COEX, she upgraded my room two categories. Usually, its only one category upgrade. So I got a room with a two-category upgrade with a great view.
I used the Ambassador free night certificate to stay at the hotel for the first day so getting a two-category room upgrade was unusual.
She also took me upstairs to the club lounge, it isn’t free. It costs W46,000 won per day, breakfast and dinner is served there. Since I arrived in the afternoon, I received a discount on that day.
I went upstairs to my room expecting a complimentary welcome gift, and sure enough, it was there. A fruit dish and mineral water were waiting for me. There was a note explaining all the other benefits I would be getting during my stay at the IHG COEX hotel.
Benefits For Being An IHG Platinum Ambassador Member
1. Next Room Category Upgrade – The two room upgrade got me the Temple View floor.
2. Single Rate for Double Occupancy
3. Amenity in the room - the fruit dish and mineral water.
4. Extended 4 PM check-out. The check out time was awesome since my next stay was at the Grand Hilton Hotel. I could leave here and check in there.
5. Complimentary wi-fi internet for free. It was fast. No complaints from me.
6. One Free Pay TV Movie per stay. I took this meaning to be one movie per stay and not per day. I used it on Saturday night.
7. 600 welcome IHG points.
8. Complimentary select items from the minibar - two soft drinks and two beers. Made sure to drink those each day.
9. Complimentary access to the sauna (06:00 – 23:00), located within the Cosmopolitan Fitness Club Gym located on the 3rd floor. The gym is not open on the fourth Tuesday of every month.
10. Earning points for staying at IHG COEX also!
11. Complimentary use of the Cosmopolitan Fitness Club Gym on the 3rd floor. The gym is closed on the fourth Tuesday of each month. I give the gym five stars for their excellent gym. It has many different types of equipment.
12. Complimentary use of the meeting for 2 hours. Reservation is required.
13. Complimentary ironing of 2 items each day.
14. Complimentary local calls.
15. Club InterContinental Lounge located on the 2nd floor. Free Continental Breakfast 06:30 - 10:30, Free Afternoon Tea 15:00 - 17:00, Cocktail Hour (Late dinner) 17:30 - 20:00. And all the free water, soda, juice, mineral water, coffee, tea,
Benefits If You Are Not An IHG Platinum Ambassador Member
1. Two complimentary bottles of water.
2. Complimentary local calls.
If you are not an IHG benefit member or an IHG Ambassador level member, the two benefits are all that’s available. Some people will say that’s all they need, and I mean, that’s your choice. Other people desire more benefits at the hotel stays like the IHG COEX Hotel.
For individuals staying at the Club InterContinental or suite category room and higher, Club InterContinental Lounge Access is complimentary. The lounge access cost me W46,000 per day since I didn't get a suite room category or higher. But next time I will!
IHG COEX hotel leads directly to the underground COEX mall, so you never have to go outside to get to the COEX mall. You can get to other locations in Seoul from IHG COEX hotel and never have to go out. If you like to visit Casinos, there is a Seven Luck Casino at the COEX Mall. I was curious about the casino and went there. The vast majority of individuals seemed to be Chinese and Singaporean. I guess they have money to gamble with and Korea is the best place to do this.
A+. I definitely was happy at IHG COEX. It's a luxury class hotel offering modern rooms and fine dining. The rooms are super quiet. The lounge buffet offers fresh, cuisine from around the world. Next time, I am staying in a Suites room.
Discuss with the Authentic at “The Seoul of Korea Youtube Channel“. Subscribe, Watch, Remark and Like.
Change into a member of The S.O.K. Nation! Okay-Pop, Bachelors Level, and Fries Now not Integrated! Be At The Head of The Line. Subscribe To Our Website And Be The The 1st To Be Notified Of Our Giveaways And Different Superior Stuff As We Roll Them Out.
It’s you that assists in keeping us motivated to stick up overdue throughout the night time burning the candles and writing. This was a “InterContinental Seoul COEX. World Class. For Real.”, by Gyopo “TactiCool Reloaded” Oppa. Sarang Haey Yo! See You Subsequent Time! Preventing!
DISCLAIMER: The paragraphs above is my attempt at KorEanglish humor. I am a Korean-American, so I believe it is ok to poke a little humorous fun at this. If you don’t like it, then don’t read the paragraphs above. Too late, you already done it.